New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers Trusted by Clients and Respected by the Legal Community
When an individual suffers a severe injury, they can face many hardships. Catastrophic injuries may cause severe economic hardships, such as lost wages or high medical bills. Furthermore, a serious injury can forever alter an individual’s life physically and emotionally. When a major injury is caused by another individual’s negligent actions, the victim may have grounds to file a lawsuit for any damages incurred. As a result, seriously injured individuals should contact a skilled New York personal injury lawyer to help them determine whether they are entitled to compensation.
At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, L.L.P., we have provided individualized, compassionate representation for injury victims for nearly 50 years. We have seen first-hand the physical and financial hardships that a debilitating injury can cause. As a result, our attorneys are committed to helping get their clients’ lives back on track by pursuing maximum compensation in court against the negligent party. Our attorneys have a history of success in personal injury cases, recovering over $1 billion for our clients
Have you or someone you love suffered a debilitating injury? Do you believe that the injury was caused by another individual’s negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. For a free consultation with our New York personal injury attorneys, please call 212-406-1700 or contact us online. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. If we accept your case, there is no fee unless we recover monetary damages for you.
Our New York Personal Injury Lawyers Will Pursue Compensation for All of Your Losses
If you have suffered a serious injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation for any damages incurred. Seriously injured individuals may be able to receive compensation for any of the following:
- Lost Wages: In some cases a debilitating injury can force injured individuals to miss work for an extended period of time, causing them to lose essential wages. By filing a personal injury lawsuit, victims may be able to recover any lost wages uncovered by workers’ compensation. Additionally, injured individuals may be able to receive compensation for any damage the injury caused to their future earning power.
- Medical Bills: Severe injuries have been known to require extensive medical procedures, medication, and frequent check-ups. When the price of these treatments exceeds insurance coverage, injured victims can face seemingly insurmountable medical bills. By filing a personal injury lawsuit, injured individuals may be able to receive compensation for all medical expenditures uncovered by insurance, including surgical procedures, medication, and all future medical appointments relating to the injury.
- Pain and Suffering: Major injuries have been known to leave individuals with significant long term pain and suffering. Catastrophic accidents can cause scarring, permanent disfigurement, disabilities, and emotional trauma. In a negligence lawsuit, injured victims can recoup compensation for the economic value of any pain and suffering their injury forced them to endure.
- Wrongful Death: When a severe injury proves fatal, the victim’s family may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf. In a wrongful death lawsuit, victims’ families can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages caused by their loved one’s death. Economic damages available to families in wrongful death cases include lost wages, cost of medical bills, and funeral costs. Pain and suffering before death, loss of consortium, and loss of parental guidance are some of the non-economic damages available to victims’ families in wrongful death claims.
Our Firm Handles Many Types of Personal Injury Claims
Our attorneys have decades of combined experience handling a variety of different personal injury claims. Our practice areas include:
Our firm handles medical malpractice cases in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, the Bronx, Long Island, New Jersey, and upstate New York. We handle all kinds of medical negligence cases, including birth injuries, surgical malpractice, hospital negligence, nursing home neglect, misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose, and medication errors. Our firm’s continued success can be attributed to our attorneys’ decades of combined experience and a wealth of resources. Among these resources are a plethora of medical experts at forefront of their fields. Furthermore, our firm has an expansive staff that treats each case with meticulous care and attention.
Vehicle accidents happen every day in and around New York City. In many instances, an auto accident is the result of one driver’s negligence. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, we have defended the rights of car accident victims for over 50 years. Our firm handles many different types of vehicle accident cases, including car accidents, traffic accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, and school bus accidents.
When the negligence of a property owner or lessee leads to an injury, the victim may have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit. Our firm handles all manner of premises cases, including claims for slip-and-fall accidents, trip-and-fall injuries, falls caused by defective sidewalks, negligent security, convenience store accidents, dog bites, falls caused by the failure to remove snow and ice, and elevator and escalator accidents.
Given the machinery being used and the environments in which construction workers operate, it is an inherently dangerous and risky occupation. Injuries take place at New York City construction sites every day. While some of these injuries are faultless accidents, many could have been avoided. When on-site injuries occur due to the negligence of another individual or entity, injured workers may be able to recoup compensation for any damages incurred. The personal injury attorneys at Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool are committed to defending the rights of workers who have needlessly suffered on-site injuries. Our lawyers have a history of sustained success in construction accident cases and secured many notable verdicts and settlement.
The loss of a loved one is always a tragic event. In addition to the emotional pain caused by the death of a loved one, it can also place a serious economic strain on their family’s lives. When an individual’s death is caused by another individual entity’s negligence, however, their family may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf. In a wrongful death lawsuit, a victim’s family may be able to recover compensation for economic damages, such as the loss of an essential income, funeral costs, and medical bills before death. Families may also be able to receive compensation for non-economic damages, such as loss of consortium, pain and suffering the victim endured before death, and loss of parental guidance.
Do You Have Grounds for a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
While serious injury is a prerequisite to having a valid claim, it does not in and of itself present grounds for a lawsuit. In order to have a valid claim, the following factors must all be true:
- Duty of Care: The party who caused the injury had to have owed a duty of care to the victim. A duty of care is a legal obligation that an individual or entity has to act with a certain degree of caution while performing potentially hazardous tasks.
- Breach of Duty (Negligence): In order to have a valid personal injury lawsuit, the victim must be able to show that the party responsible for their injury acted negligently. For negligence to have occurred, the responsible party must have breached their duty of care to the victim. For instance, if an individual is struck by a car, they only have grounds for a claim if the driver who struck and injured them was driving negligently
- Causation: In addition to proving negligence, injured individuals must also be able to show causation. Proving causation means being able to show that the responsible party’s negligence was directly responsible for the victim’s injuries. In other words, if a victim is struck by a negligent driver, they only have grounds for a lawsuit if they can prove the driver’s negligence definitively caused their injury. For instance, if an individual is driving negligently, but the victim walked out from between two cars or was not paying attention to traffic signals, the injury may not present grounds from a lawsuit.
- Damages: Injured individuals must also have suffered damages to have a valid personal injury lawsuit. Damages are any economic or non-economic loss caused by the victim’s injuries. Damages for economic loss include but are not limited to compensation for lost wages, damage to future earning potential, and high medical bills not covered by insurance. Non-economic damages consist of any physical or emotional loss incurred by the injury, such as pain and suffering, physical handicaps, loss of life’s enjoyment, and emotional trauma.
To determine whether they have grounds for a lawsuit, injured individuals should retain a skilled personal injury lawyer. A personally injury lawyer will investigate their clients’ claims to determine whether their case meets all the criteria for a valid lawsuit. An experienced personal injury attorney will also investigate the degree of damages their client may have suffered, so they can pursue maximum compensation in court. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, our personal injury lawyers are giving free, no obligation consultations to help determine the legal options of unnecessarily injured individuals.
Injured Individuals Shouldn’t Hesitate to Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys
Due to the statute of limitations, individuals who have suffered a serious injury should not wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in New York. The statute of limitations is a law specifying the amount of time victims have to file a lawsuit following an injury. Failure to file a lawsuit before the expiration of the statute of limitations can result in injured individuals being forever barred from compensation. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, our attorneys understand the necessity of filing a claim before the statute of limitations expires. As a result, we handle all of our clients’ claims in a timely manner. Our personal injury attorneys will investigate the injury, interview witnesses, and handle the filing of the lawsuit to ensure that our clients are eligible to receive the compensation they deserve.
Moving Forward With Your Life Following a Serious Injury
When a catastrophic injury occurs, many victims feel as if the turmoil will never end. Surgeries, doctor’s appointments, rehabilitation, insurance paperwork and missed workdays take a toll on injured individuals and their loved ones. As the victim adjusts to life following their injury, both they and their families are affected. The personal injury attorneys at Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool strive to help clients and their families put their lives back together following a serious injury or death. Our firm’s selectivity allows our attorneys to give meticulous attention to each of their cases. As a result, clients can be sure that their case receives the necessary attention and resources to maximize the potential recovery.
No one can take away the pain of the injury or undo the damage that has been done. However, we try and help our clients get their lives back on track by easing the financial burden caused by their injury. Our attorneys will seek full and fair compensation for your losses.
To Speak With a New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyer, Call 212-406-1700
Se habla español • Ici on parle français • Falamos Português • Мы Говорим по-Русски • Mowimy po Polsku • 中文