Amputation Accidents Injuries
Suffering an amputation injury will cause significant, long-term consequences for the injury victim and his or her family. Some people will be unable to return to their previous jobs or complete daily tasks. Some will experience considerable physical pain and psychological trauma. Some victims suffer from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which can create the sensation of pain at the location of a missing limb.
The attorneys at Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, L.L.P., provide compassionate representation for individuals who have lost limbs due to accidents or medical malpractice. We seek compensation to cover the costs of physical, emotional and occupational problems.Call Us to Learn How We Can Help
Our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. If we accept your case, there is no fee unless we recover damages for you. For a free consultation with our New York personal injury attorneys, please call 212.406.1700 or contact us online.We Fight for the Compensation You Need
While some amputations are the result of an illness or medical malpractice, many are caused by traumatic accidents such as car accidents, workplace accidents, construction accidents and falls. No matter the cause, you will need an attorney to pursue your claim and collect damages from the negligent party. We represent individuals who have suffered all types of amputations, including:
Amputations of the arm or hand:
- Amputation of the fingers or thumb
- Metacarpal amputation and wrist disarticulation - loss of the hand
- Transradial amputation - loss of the forearm
- Elbow disarticulation - loss of the elbow and forearm
- Transhumeral amputation - loss of the arm above the elbow and below the shoulder
- Shoulder disarticulation - loss of the arm and shoulder
- Forequarter amputation - loss of the arm, shoulder blade and collarbone
Amputations of the leg or foot:
- Foot amputation
- Syme amputation and ankle disarticulation - loss of the ankle and foot
- Transtibial amputation - loss of the leg below the knee
- Knee-bearing amputation - loss of the lower leg and knee
- Transfemoral amputation - loss of the leg above the knee
- Hip disarticulation - loss of the entire leg
Amputees may face a lifetime of pain and long-term medical treatment. Typical effects of amputations include phantom pain, wound pain, depression, shortening of the muscles, tissue necrosis or skin death, failure to heal and prosthetic complications. In addition, traumatic amputation victims may suffer serious secondary complications such as bleeding, shock, infection or wrongful death.
After the amputation surgery, patients require long-term rehabilitation, which may include strengthening the remaining muscles and relearning skills such as grasping objects or walking.
The expenses associated with medical care and prostheses after an amputation are considerable. You may also need compensation to cover the cost of modifying your home and vehicles. We will fight for the maximum damages you are entitled to receive.Call Our New York City Amputation Lawyers
To make an appointment, please call 212.406.1700. Your consultation is free.