Brooklyn Burn Injury
Thousands of people across the United States sustain burn injuries annually either at work, on private premises, or at home. Depending on the severity, burn injuries can be extremely painful and might require extensive recovery periods accompanied by rehabilitation, medical bills and hospital stays. In the event that the injury occurred due to the negligence of another, it is possible for the victim to file a lawsuit and recover compensation for any damages they may have suffered. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, our Brooklyn burn injury attorneys have a history of sustained success representing individuals who have suffered severe burns due to the negligence of another. Should you choose our firm, our attorneys will always pursue maximum compensation at trial.
Have you or someone you love recently suffered a severe burn? Did the burn happen because of another individual's carelessness? If so, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. For a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers, give us a call at 212.406.1700 or contact us online.Do You Have Grounds for A Burn Injury Lawsuit?
In order to have a valid burn injury lawsuit, the injured individual's burn has to have been the result of negligence. The following are among the most common types of burn injuries our attorneys see that are the result of negligence:
- Car fires
- Faulty appliances
- Coming in to contact with downed electrical wires or caustic chemicals
- Structural fires
- Radiation leaks
- Hazardous material
- Construction site explosion
- Scalding from hot liquids
In addition to being extremely painful, burn injuries also impact your health and overall well being. Victims of burn injuries may also be susceptible to permanent disfigurement and deformities. Burn injuries can cause scarring, loss of sight, hearing, smell or taste, internal bleeding, damage to tissue, nerve or muscle, respiratory and cardiac problems and organ failure. Burn injuries can also have significant financial ramifications in the form of medical related expenses, disability and lost wages.
Types of Burn Injuries:
- Heat Burns: Exposure to fire, heating elements or other sources of heat is the leading cause of burn injuries. Ovens, automobile parts and fireplaces are amongst the common factors causing these injuries. Injuries can vary from minor, to serious and even severe.
- Chemical Burns: Such burns are caused when individuals come into contact with caustic chemical compounds or an acid that is irritable to the skin. Common sources of chemical burns include sodium hydroxide, silver nitrate and sulfuric, nitric and hydrofluoric acids. Some common household cleaners and solvents may also cause this kind of injury. Contact Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool today to determine whether your injury is the result of a defective or dangerously manufactured product.
- Electrical Burns: These might be caused by coming in to contact with live electrical wires or outlets. Individuals who have been victims of an electrical accident are susceptible to severe organ damage as well as a reorientation of the body’s electromagnetic structure. If electrical burns are sustained due to the negligence of another individual or their property, you might have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. Contact Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool today in order to review your legal options.
- Gas or Oil Explosions : In the case of an explosion resulting from a gas or oil leakage you will need to retain an expert attorney who has the ability to consult with experts and public authorities in order to investigate the cause of the incident and ensure that you be compensated for your damages.
At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool we have over fifty years of litigating experience and have recovered over $1 billion dollars for our clients. We are truly dedicated to ensuring that injustices which lead to major injuries do not go unnoticed. We strive to maintain a client-centered work ethic and will be available at your disposal whenever you may require assistance. We understand the hardships that can accompany severe burn injuries. Consequently, we understand the delicacy of the situation and work to help ease our clients' financial pains. Our attorneys will work with medical and financial experts to strengthen your case and deduce a true and accurate cost of the damages you have suffered. If we accept your case, we will do so on a contingency fees basis. This essentially means that you will not be charged anything unless some monetary compensation is recovered.
If you, or a loved one, have been the victim of a burn injury call the New York law offices of Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool at 212.406.1700 instantly or contact us online, to review your legal options.