Category: Burn Injury

June 30, 2017

9-Year Old Wisconsin Boy Burned When Playground Slide Explodes

Playgrounds and their equipment are heavily regulated and must meet certain safety requirements. However, new and unexpected hazards can still arise. Last week, a 9-year old Wisconsin boy was burned when the slide he was using suddenly bubbled up and exploded according to a report by Fox News. The cause of this accident is still..

Read more

February 21, 2017

Fire in Times Square Restaurant Injures Two

Fires are a dangerous reality in New York City given the number of buildings and large population. Early in the morning, more than 200 firefighters responded to a 3-alarm fire, which began around 4:47 a.m. at an 11-story building on 48th Street and 7th Avenue. According to a report by CBS New York, the fire..

Read more

December 14, 2016

Baby Killed, Two Adults Critically Injured in Brooklyn Building Fire

Once again, a serious fire has been reported in New York City resulting in the death of a 1-year old baby and critical injuries to two adults. This time, the fire apparently started inside an apartment on the 13th floor of the Howard Houses on Mother Gaston Boulevard in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn as..

Read more

December 7, 2016

Two Children Sustain Life-Threatening Burns in Bronx Radiator Steam Explosion

Winter time in New York often results in increased reports of explosions from radiators, boilers and steam pipes in apartment buildings due their increased use as the weather gets colder. A tragedy was reported by the New York Daily News involving a radiator explosion in a Bronx apartment on Hunts Avenue near Lafayette Avenue in..

Read more

November 2, 2016

Fire in Brooklyn RIps Through Two Buildings and Results in Death of One Person, Injuries to Others

Fire accidents occur in New York with an overwhelming propensity and are among the more devastating incidents to New York City Residents. On Tuesday night, according to a report by the New York Post, a fire in Brooklyn damaged two buildings in the Cypress Hills section. The fire broke out just before 9 p.m. in..

Read more

September 13, 2016

Samsung Smartphone Burns 6-year Old Brooklyn Boy

In a follow-up to a recent Blog post, and in furtherance of reports concerning Samsung phones, a report from CBS New York reveals that a 6-year old Brooklyn boy was burned while playing a game on his grandmother’s Samsung Galaxy Core cell phone. As described by his mother, the boy was playing on the phone,..

Read more

September 12, 2016

Samsung Galaxy Note7 and the Exploding Battery

While the details of an obvious recall are being worked out, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is urging users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to turn the off and to stop charging and using them. The risk of fire and explosion associated with the battery for the popular cell phone is a..

Read more

August 17, 2016

Six Children Injured by Electrical Shock at Connecticut Boardwalk Ride

The summer months continue to provide examples of negligence and improper maintenance concerning amusement parks, carnivals and other seasonal attractions. In a report by the New York Daily News, on Tuesday, 6 children received electrical shocks from a Boardwalk ride at Ocean Beach Park in New London, Connecticut. All were rushed to the hospital, with..

Read more

August 9, 2016

Three People Injured in Fire at Lower Manhattan Skyscraper

A fire in a New York City skyscraper is a serious and potentially deadly occurrence. On Tuesday, August 9, 2016, a fire broke out around 10:15 a.m. in a 12th floor machinery room in a skyscraper at 30 Broad Street near Exchange Place. According to a report by CBS New York, the New York City..

Read more

February 19, 2016

E-Cigarette Battery Explosion Seriously Burns British Man

A British man sustained serious burn injuries when the battery of his e-cigarette exploded while in his pants causing them to catch fire. He sustained serious burn injuries to his leg necessitating skin graft surgeries and leaving him with permanent scarring. Consumer products have become remarkably safe over the years, but there is still the..

Read more