Hiring the Best Personal Injury Law Firm for Queens
Top Queens Personal Injury Law Firm
Our attorneys are recognized as leaders in Queens personal injury trial law. Six of our attorneys have achieved AV Preeminent status with Martindale-Hubbell representing the highest ranking for ethical standards and legal ability. Five of our attorneys have been included in Super Lawyers in the New York Metropolitan Area as published in the Magazine Section of the New York Times. Our firm is listed among the Best Lawyers in the State of New York and is listed among the Best Law Firms in the New York Metro area by US News & World Report.
Our Attorneys Protect the Rights of Victims of Negligence in Queens
Whether you’ve been injured on the road, at home, in a public or private setting, or at work, and the cause of your injuries was the negligence and irresponsibility of another individual or entity, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. In 2011, the CDC published data that documented a total of 31 million people that were rushed to the emergency room due to unintentional accidents. In the same report, it was concluded that over 130,000 people died in 2011 because of an unintentional accident. When one of these accidents occurs due to another individual’s negligence the injured party should seek out an experienced, knowledgeable, and sympathetic personal injury attorney that can fight for their right to lawful compensation for any damages incurred. At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, our Queens personal injury lawyers have been representing There are many benefits to hiring our legal team to handle your lawsuit. You will have peace of mind that our team has your best interests in mind and that all the proper documentation will be organized and filed in a timely manner. Additionally, you can rest easy knowing that our firm has a history of success in personal injury cases, recovering over $1 billion for our clients. Our efforts will help hasten the legal process so that you may receive the much needed compensation that you may be entitled to.
Have you suffered an injury due to another’s negligence? You do not have to face this difficult time in your life alone. Call Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, L.L.P. at (212) 406-1700 today for your free consultation, or contact us online.
Types of Personal Injury Cases our Queens Attorneys Handle
At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool, we are not limited to specific types of personal injury fields; however, the following are some examples of the types of cases we handle:
- Medical Malpractice Medical professionals are held to a practical standard that they must achieve when providing care to their patients. All medical professionals are expected to provide the same standard of care that another reasonable professional in their field and situation would provide. Our firm assists the patients that have been severely injured by the neglect of any medical professional or medical institution.
- Vehicle Accidents Our firm handles all types of vehicle accident cases. The cases we handle include but are not limited to truck, car, bus, taxi and motorcycle accidents. We have fought for the rights of individuals that have been hurt in a vehicle accident for over 50 years.
- Premises Liability We also protect the rights of individuals who were injured or have died on public or private property. Business owners, landlords, and other property owners are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for any visitors on their property. Some examples of premises liability cases we handle are slip and falls, swimming pool injuries, severe injuries or death resulting from defective handrails, escalators, or elevators.
- Construction Accidents Construction employees are protected by New York's Labor Laws. According to Labor Law 240(1), if the statute is violated, liability is imposed upon the owner, general contractor, and their agent, regardless of the defendant’s control or lack of control over the work. This is commonly referred to absolute liability. According to Labor Law 242(6), the owner/general contractor has a non-delegable duty to their workers to ensure that all necessary precautions have been established in order to minimize risk of any gravity-related injuries. Even if your circumstances do not violate these labor laws, you may still have a general negligence personal injury lawsuit.
- Wrongful Death There are hundreds of thousands of people that die every year due to unintentional accidents. New York State law regarding suing for wrongful death is very different than most states. In New York, the families of deceased relatives cannot sue for emotional distress that has been caused by the sudden passing of their loved one. The only exception to this rule is if the decedent’s family witnessed or was in the immediate area of the scene of the accident where their family member was killed. Families of the deceased can receive compensation for any incurred medical bills, funeral expenses, and the pain and suffering that their deceased loved-one experienced immediately prior to their death.
- Birth Injuries We have also represented families whose newborn has suffered an injury during the birthing process. These cases include children that were born with cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or any other sort of brain damage due to the negligence of the doctor or midwife that acted negligently during the delivery.
Being injured or falsely arrested by the police can be a very traumatic experience. The police are entrusted with a very important and dangerous job of protecting the community. However, in the event that an officer crosses their legal boundary and violates your civil rights, then it is paramount that you seek legal representation.
Why Should You Choose Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool As your Queens Personal Injury Attorneys?
Our Queens Personal Injury Attorneys have nearly 200 years in experience between them. Our lawyers have been featured in Super Lawyers®, Best Lawyers in America®, Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. Our firm has recovered numerous large verdicts and settlements for our injured clients; many of which have been worth more than $1 million. The way that we can achieve such results lie in our diligent and thoughtful process. We first review your claim and determine whether or not you may have a meritorious case. After your case has gone through our selection process, we move forward with conducting a thorough investigation and gather as much evidence as possible to support your claims. We build your case from the ground up and we strive to recover the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Our process includes interviewing witnesses, deposing the defendant and their witnesses, and negotiating appropriate settlements.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury due to another individual’s negligence, do not hesitate to retain a skilled Queens personal injury lawyer. We must caution you that each type of personal injury law has a specific amount of years that can pass before losing your opportunity to recover compensation. Essentially, if a person does not file their lawsuit before the legal deadline, then they will be barred from recovering any compensation.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury or has been killed due to another’s negligence, then we advise you to seek legal representation as soon as possible in order to avoid conflict with the statute of limitations. Do not hesitate to call us at (212) 406-1700 or contact us online for a free consultation.