Brooklyn Electrocution Accident Attorneys
Electrical lines are present in every neighborhood and are integral to the work going on at almost all construction sites. The ubiquitous presence of electricity has almost made us forget the multiple dangers associated with its use. Electrical accidents can cause a number of debilitating injuries including paralysis, heart attacks, neurological disorders, seizures and even death. Because of all these dangers associated with electricity several safety rules and standards have been put in to place to protect the average consumer as well as employees of power companies, contractors and product manufacturers. According to the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration approximately 350 construction workers are electrocuted on job sites nearly every year. In addition to the aforementioned health concerns, victims of electrical accidents may also be forced to undergo unnecessary financial strain. Injured workers may be forced to miss work for an extended period of time resulting in lost wages. Additionally, the medical procedures and costs associated with the injury might not be covered by the victim’s insurance company entirely, which then, is another motive for recouping compensation. As a result, workers who have been electrocuted should contact one of our Brooklyn electrocution accident attorneys.
Have you or someone you love suffered a major injury in an electrical accident? If so, you may have grounds to file a lawsuit. To see whether or not you may be entitled to compensation in a personal injury lawsuit, call us at 212-406-1700 or contact us online.
Damages That You Can Claim Compensation For
Potential compensation available in a lawsuit following an electrocution injury includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Costs: Individuals who are victims of electrical accidents may have to undergo several surgeries, doctor’s visits and rehabilitation. Injured individuals can receive compensation for their past and future medical bills when they exceed the cost of insurance.
- Lost Wages: As a result of injuries sustained, victims of electrical accidents may have to undergo several surgeries and even go to rehabilitation. In such instance, the injured individual may miss work for an extended period of time. Though workers’ compensation may provide partial relief, it might not be substantial, and victims may bring forth a lawsuit against the responsible party in order to recoup lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims of electrical accidents may be eligible to receive compensation for the elongated pain and suffering they had to endure due to the injury.
- Loss of Union Benefits: Upon suffering an injury and being forced out of work, a worker may lose his or her union benefits. In such a case, it is possible for the victim to reclaim these economic losses by bringing a lawsuit against the responsible party.
- Wrongful Death: If an injury ends up being fatal and results in the death of the victim, the family may be eligible to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and funeral costs.
Legislation Relevant to Electrical Accidents
According to Labor Law 241 (6) vicarious liability is placed on the property owner and general contractor when a safety regulation of Rule 23 of the Industrial Code is violated and an injury occurs during construction, demolition or excavation work.
How Can Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool Help You?
At Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool our construction accident attorneys have been successfully litigating on behalf of electrical accident victims for over fifty years. Our attorneys are well experienced in this type of law and have managed to secure multiple favorable verdicts including a $6 million verdict in a construction accident lawsuit.If you, or a loved one, have been the victim of an electrical accident and have sustained damages as a result of that, call Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool today at (212)-406-1700 or contact us online. Your first consultation with us will be free of charge as we review your case in order to determine whether we will be able to help you. There is no need for you take on large insurance companies and corporations on your own, let Queller, Fisher, Washor, Fuchs & Kool represent you so that you can be compensated for the damages you have sustained.